Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mama's Cookin: Spicy Thai Beef


A quick easy go to meal that is simple and delicious. This recipe is great for those nights or afternoons when you really don't feel like or know what to cook and your to feeling to cheap to order out :). It's a fav in both the Krenz and my household. Enjoy!

Spicy Thai Beef
3/4 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
3 carrots, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup rice
2 TB soy sauce
1 tsp Asian fish sauce
1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro

I would just like to say I have made this various times with various combinations due to the lack of ingredients and it has turned out delicious every time.  I have never made is with the Asian fish sauce because I never have it. Sometimes Jamie adds celery in hers. Matter of fact I have never made it with the cilantro either. Hahaha maybe I should try making it correctly myself?

Heat a heavy medium post over high heat. Add beef and saute until browned. Add onion, green onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1 TB of soy sauce. Saute another 2 minutes. Add carrots, red pepper, rice, 2 cups water, fish sauce (is using) and remaining soy sauce. Reduce to low heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cilantro and mix well and keep covered for 10 more minutes.

WARNING: It does slightly look like dog food (thats why I am not including a picture :)) but I promise you it tastes better. I like to throw a little hot sauce on mine, but to each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!