Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Feeling "Stale"?

This weekend not a lot got done at the house to a fabulous trip to Chicago. Unfortunately, we had to leave the girls at home:( But, it was nice to go have some QT with Jess. Fitting in my Jesse time is one of the many things that is hard for me. I don't know if anyone else feels like this, I am sure they do though!

I find it hard to spread my time out. I tend to feel like lately that I don't give enough time to my husband. I realized that this weekend, we are only 21!! No way can we let things get "stale" already! It felt really good just to have some time with just Jess. It was like we found that spark that we lost after Raelin, our second daughter, was born. So to anyone that feels like their love life is becoming more a routine I suggest to take a weekend away to evaluate things and reconnect. It does the soul and your relationship good, for sure.

The best thing though is coming home and having them both be excited you are back. Even though Raelin is just about 3 months old, I could tell she was happy to be in mommy's arms again. Andi of course was too hyper for a nap and telling us all sorts of stories that went on while we were away. Being a mommy is the best thing that could have EVER happened to me, besides marrying Jess.

Life is a great thing, I have decided not to let things get me down anymore. I am way too blessed to be moping around "wishing" this or that. I am going to just take each day in stride and be thankful for the beautiful family God has let me help create and be a part of. I only hope to do him proud. Purchasing a house has potential to be very stressful and could cause tons of arguments/petty fights with the husband. I also feel this is another reason the last couple months have been "stale" for Jess and myself. I refuse to let this happen and we have agreed it is not necessary stress. For heavens sakes, we have 2 girls to deal with. No WAY do we need tension between us. Trying to raise 2 beautiful girls is a 2 person job, I give mad props to anyone who can do it by themselves. (This is a whole other topic!)

All in all, just wanted to share some things that have been on my heart. Hopefully you can relate to it in some way, or if you have some sort of idea what I am talking about this might help you feel like you are not the only one out there!

This post is all over the place I know. But, these are my thoughts and emotions on a day to day basis! Btw: I am all over the place in life, so it makes sense I would be on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!