Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Dilemmas

Christmas is a wonderful time of year. The holiday season is one of my favorite. I love deciding on the perfect gift and then going and buying it or having it delivered. 

But when raising a new family or even 5 years into marriage/parenthood, it is still a legit struggle to get everywhere. Family is usually pretty understanding but it sucks to have to be so many places at once. Getting out of the traditions we grew up with has been hard for Jess and I. Not just because our parents don't want to give those up. But we don't either. We would love to keep everything the same but it's not possible. This year for me was the hardest yet. I would've thought we had it figured out by now. But we don't, so it's back to the drawing board next year. I am so greatly for the well spent time with our family. 

In all honesty it doesn't work to have to be two places in one day. Because you always have to leave one place early to get to the next. And I don't ever want to leave either. I didn't have a Christmas this year that I was excited to leave. I guess we just have awesome family!

So anyone who is having some of the same problems. You are not alone....or am I alone!? 

Either way we always have a great time wherever we are. I love seeing all the family. And I love that all my family get to see the kids. It makes me so happy seeing them playing with cousins, uncles, and aunts they don't get to see that often. 

We spent Christmas morning home which was great. (No power other than the generator, thankful for that) The kids did so good and had so much fun opening their gifts and giving too. They each picked out stuff for Jesses stocking. I was laughing so hard at the store when they were picking the stuff out and Jess was smiling when he got it all out. 

Jesses stocking: box of fun dips, pixie stix (big ones of course), bag of ring pops, chocolate Santa, Hershey's kiss and a head massager. Direct quote from Rae, "oh um dad I was meant for them to share with us." (On the ring pops she picked out)

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Here is a little look into our Christmas fun.


Praise The Lord the power is back on now. Still not cable/internet, but I think we will manage;) but sorry if the pictures are small or wording off, I'm on my phone, cut me some slack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!