Tuesday, August 23, 2011

niece #2 making her arrival soon

Because of Stella's(niece #2) upcoming arrival my little sister is hosting a baby shower for my big sister. Fortunately I will be able to go, don't worry got the doc's ok! I will just be plopped on the couch(as usual). While trying to find the perfect rockin'/diva/motorcyle baby outfit for Stella, I had a change of heart. I decided to go more sentimental, but, fun. I want Stella to be able to enjoy the gift for awhile. Naturally, I thought of books because I love to read to my girls and I know my sis will do the same.


Now to choosing the perfect books! It was hard because there are so many wonderful children's books out there. But, here are the 3 I chose and why I chose them.



Let Me Hold You Longer By: Karen Kingsbury


This book melts my heart and wets my eyes everytime I read it to the girls. It is all about the "lasts" because we are so quick just to recongnize the "firsts" of our kids lives.

"I look ahead and dream of days that haven't come to pass. But as I do, I sometimes miss today's sweet precious lasts..."




The Pout Pout Fish By:Deborah Diesen

This is a book that just makes our family smile. We became hooked when my mom purchased it for one of her foster kids and he would quote the book over and over. I honestly do think JoJo likes it because she remembers that sweet & tough boy. This book is about a fish who thinks he has these big lips for pouty and they end up being for kissing:)

"I'm a pout-pout fish with a pout-pout face, so I spread the dreary-wearies all over the place."



Giraffes Can't Dance By: Giles Andreae

This was a top staff pick on barnesandnoble.com so it was featured on the age group I was looking for. Honestly what struck me most was the giraffe on the front. You see Stella's room has a giraffe named Gerry in it. Read about Gerry here, it makes me giggle! Then after I clicked on it and read what it was all about I knew I had to get it for Stella!


"Giraffes Can't Dance is a touching tale of Gerald the giraffe..."


I knew right then and there I was getting this. Gerald is pretty much they same as Gerry!!hello, duh, my niece has to have this!


So this is my thoughtful gift giving process. I always try to have my gifts mean something and what better way to say that? I will be writing on paper and taping in the books for sweet Stell.


I am writing this on Tuesday because I am so excited...but unfortunately, it should be Saturday when your reading, bc the shower is then:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!