Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Getting Fit

All of the comments I received on my last post got me even more excited to get healthy. It was a great push! Please share your success with me and then maybe it can inspire others as well! Thank you so much for your support!! Excited to take you on this journey with me.

But also a confession, I lose a couple pounds and I am like, "Oh that wasn't that bad. I can "treat" myself to this or that." So this past week was tough and it showed on the scale. I was up to 170.4 :( Major bummer. But needless to say I need to get my act together. Tough times are normal right? I cannot get complacent with where I am with my weight. I NEED to keep PUSHING!

I haven't stopped running at all, I just have indulged more than I had been.

I didn't even realize it, until Alexis brought it to my attention. This is the LAST time I am going to have to lose weight! No more babies equals no more abnormal weight gain, I HOPE!!!! I gotta stick with it. I will be happier.

Ok so I am no a huge breakfast fan. EVERYTHING you read says EAT breakfast. So, I have started to. I am pretty sure that they want you to eat within the first couple hours of waking to get your metabolism going. Unfortunately I always don't get that luxury. Quick, healthy breakfast on the go options? 

Anyway, breakfast today is a rice cake (no salt) with about a tablespoon peanut butter and a teaspoon of honey spread on top. Along with a side of a hard boiled egg. (I LOVE them!!)

I am not a vegetarian but I do not eat a lot of protein. Since I have started getting healthy I have been trying to incorporate ways to get that in. One way I do that is eating 1 or 2 hard boiled Egg whites with breakfast and lunch. I don't like the yolk, so I pray that the protein doesn't come from just that!!

Another way is that I bought almonds. In my last post all the comments were to add almonds & chocolate to my diet to help satisfy my chocolate cravings. I bought roasted (still no salt) and not raw. So please let me know if there is a difference! 

So I am keeping up with my running but would like to add some sort of core workout that I can do in under 15 minutes. I do not like to lay down and do ab workouts. Any great alternatives or ways to make it a little more fun!?! I don't want to work out the whole nap time, I mean that is PRECIOUS time! In that time I like to sit down and crochet, eat lunch and catch up on all my BRAVO tv. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's a suggestion if you don't like laying down to do an ab work out. It's called the Steam Engine - I first saw it on the P90x. You put your hands behind your head standing up and it's like doing the bicycle ab workout while standing up. You touch opposite elbows and knees! It sounds really simple but it really works the obliques! And you can do reps or a timed thing. You could also do a v-sit, it's on the floor but not laying down. You can do those timed and you can add hip touches and a little weight to make it harder! And you could do some planks as well! I hope that's helpful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!