Friday, December 14, 2012

Little Things

I think my hubby had it right when he said, "You look 25, but I think inside you're still a 14 year old girl." He was saying this in response to me confessing I like The Biebs (Justin Bieber). I'm owning up to my inner teenage girl now, because I'm pretty sure I'm falling for One Direction.

It all started with their song, "What Makes Your Beautiful." I was really annoyed by it the first few times I listened to it, but it grew on me. And then I became slightly obsessed. Love Bean loves it to. Then there was "One Thing" and it's just as catchy.

They just released a new single, called "Little Things." Watch the video below and listen to the lyrics. I fell in love instantly.
"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs. The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine. But I'll love them endlessly" 

In comparison to the rest of today's popular music, that tends to demean girls and perpetuate unrealistic standards, aren't these lyrics sort of like a breath of fresh air? What if all popular music had this type of message? Do you think teenage and tween girls would be wrestling with some of the issues they face every day?

And isn't it all those little things, that add up to all of the self doubt and insecurity that even we as adult woman face? Plus, I think every woman deserves a man who loves the things that she doesn't like about herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!