Monday, December 10, 2012

Quiet Time

I was thinking the other day about how most of the time on Facebook (have you liked our page? If not, you should!), Instagram and Twitter, we only share the happy times with our littles. It's easy to start thinking, "oh, that mom has it together way more than me" or "I'm such a boring mom, I never do fun things like that with my kid."

I think it's important to remember that people can portray themselves however they'd like to online. And I also think it's important to admit that things aren't always peachy. Maybe I feel extra pressure to do this because I feel like it's my social responsibility as a "mommy blogger" to make sure I'm not furthering that untruth?

My example of a not-so-great-mommy-moment? The other afternoon Stella screamed the entire time I was on a phone call (and not just a social one) and then continued to scream for about 20 more minutes after I got off the phone (minus the 5 minutes her Auntie Ally stopped by). NOT FUN. What did I do? I took her up to her crib, turned the monitor down so I couldn't hear, watched a little bit of TV and then went back up and got her about 15ish minutes later.

When she came back down, she was happy as can be. She started carrying a picture of our family around and kissing it. Maybe she just needed a good cry, or maybe she just wanted her daddy. I'll never know. But that 15 minutes of quiet time did us both some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!