Thursday, December 22, 2011

big day

Today was the big day for surgery for out baby boy:) He did a great job.
The whole time he was away from us was about 3.5 hours. It amazes me more each day what they can do for just a 5 pound baby. They took down his ostomy and reconnected his small intestines. They also took his appendix out, they said they are a pain anyway. The had to cut them to make sure his small intestine wouldn't leak. So then they just took it all out. I am so thankful that we have now made it passed this nastiness of NEC. Now in 5-7days they will start feedings again. It will for sure be a slow road and I am going to need to be very, very, very patient and I feel like these are going to be the hardest. 
Personally it is getting harder now that this weekend is Christmas. It just sucks that he will be in the hospital instead of home with us. So needless to say I will be later to everything more than usual because I am struggling with wanting to be with Gat and the girls and so on. 

Jess and I were driving today and he said, "you are kinda like a time bomb.."
I was like, "ok..."
"You're gonna fly off the handle or just have a emotional break down."

I guess that explains it. 

Also I am excited about some changes that are going to be happening on my blog! I can't wait to share soon!

do the best you can, 
where you are, 
with what you have, 
NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!