Monday, February 13, 2012

Giving.

The last three weeks in church our sermons have been about money. This has opened up my eyes and heart a little bit.

I am a regular attendee at Kilpatrick United Brethren. I love the church and the support and family feel I get when I am there. I remember when it would be a big deal if there were 60 people in church. Now on the regular we have possibly 200+. I don't know for sure but I believe it is well over 200. Do not quote me on that though. Either way it has grown. 

The week before the sermons started I felt in my heart that we NEEDED to start tithing to the church regularly as well. I don't know where this came from, honestly, we are pretty tight with spending so much on gas/bills, etc.  But I felt it in my heart and talked to Jess and he agreed. We discussed it for awhile. I stated, "I just feel like we have been given so much. Not money or anything materialistic, but, Gatlyn's life. I want to thank God for that." Honestly I am so grateful I just don't know any other way. So we go to church check in tow and lone behold the sermon is on MONEY! I guess somebody had that planned;)

The next week we were struggling. Like if we were to put the check in the offering plate it was kind of like we will just be late on a bill here and then we will have enough gas money for the week. I am not saying this for sympathy. I am wanting to share my heart and maybe someone in a similar situation will get something from it. So at church that week we get let out and somebody comes up to me and says, "You probably already know but, we did a grocery shower for you guys." I instantly tear up one because I had no idea and two how generous. I was not expecting that at all. I have always wanted to help others and am rare to accept help. I believe this was God telling me not to worry He has got our back. TRUST him. 

So Thursday came around again and it was the first thing I took out. I didn't even think twice about it. NOT because I was expecting something amazing like that to happen again. But because God is why my son is here with us, GOD is the reason for EVERYTHING I have big or small. I am thankful for that. I am JOYFULLY giving to him what is really His. God provides and he knows our hearts. What a wonderful creator we have. I am seeing this more daily. 

Some people ask how I deal with it. With it all. I would be nowhere with out the Big Guy upstairs, my AWESOME husband and my wonderful family. God grants me the peace I need to go on with daily life. If I didn't have him and trust in his plan I would be a hot mess. (Not that I am not a hot mess on the outside!haha) I still have my bad days where I don't have the motivation to do much, then that night Jess seems to come in without fail and just pick up where I should have been. Whether it is dishes, picking up, or getting the crazy kids under control. 

Now, how is Gatlyn?!? I am just so proud of that boy. He amazes me more everyday. He so far has been cleared on the ROP and his eyes are fully mature. We are talking about home within a couple months which probably seems like a long time. To me it sounds so much better than what we have heard in the past. But, keep in mind things can change so fast. Hopefully instead of back tracking we can keep going further. He is also at the highest he has ever been on his feeds:) And lower on the TPN. Thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for his feeds. 

"So don't worry about these things, saying 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will five you everything you need.
Matthew 6:31-33

1 comment:

  1. I know your feelings about being tight on money. We have been tight since I quit my job to have Braelynn. However, we have always tithed no matter what and to this day we have yet to not be able to pay a bill. It is so crazy because on paper our expenses exceed our income, but God doesn't care about the paper :) I am happy to hear that tithing is working out for you, because we give 10% and he will increase that 10fold on us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!