Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snack Attack

With Superbowl Sunday this weekend, we thought we'd share our go to snack/appetizer

I make some mean guacamole, and by mean I mean delicious! It often gets requested that I make it for family get-togethers. I'm always happy to oblige because hubs doesn't like guac and I can't eat a whole batch by myself before it gets brown and yucky. If you decide to try making it, let me know how it turns out! 

What You'll Need
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 serrano chilies (sliced)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
What You'll Do
Halve and pit avocados. Scoop out flesh with a spoon, into mixing bowl. Then mash with a fork, leaving some chuncks. Add remaining ingredients and fold everything together and gently mix. Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on/over the guac (so it's touching it, you don't want air to get in) and refrigerate for about a hour before serving.
Tips: It has a little bit of a bite to it. To cut the bite, just remove the seeds from the chiles. Also, to keep it from turning brown before serving set one of the pits in the bowl with it. The flavor develops as it sits, so make sure you give it time in the refrigerator before serving!


I found a new recipe this year that seems to be a hit. I am a big fan of all buffalo chicken stuff so if you are two you'll love this! These buffalo chicken bites are a perfect delicious super bowl sunday dish to pass!


What You'll Need


For the filling:
1 C diced cooked chicken (I'll use leftover shredded chicken)
1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
2 TB shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C Franks Original Hot Sauce
4 TB butter


For the breading:
1 C warm milk
2 TB brown sugar
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 1/2 C flour


What You'll Do


Combine all filling ingredients and set aside. Combine al breading ingredients and left rise until doubled (sometimes I skip this step, if I am in a hurry). Divide dough to make 4 different ropes and roll out in to rectangles. Place filling on one side and fold dough over and pinch together. Put in oven on a greased baking pan @ 400F and bake until golden brown and oozing with deliciousness. 


I am a huge dip person. Give me a block of cream cheese and check out what I can do:) I will give a couple different recipes. 


Peanut Butter Cheese Ball
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
3 Tbls Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips


What You'll Do
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugars. Then spoon into plastic wrap, pull up all four corners to form ball. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours or until it can keep the shape. Then take out of freezer and plastic and roll in the chips. Put the ball of goodness on a serving dish and cover. Put back in the freezer for another 1-2 hours and then serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, or my favorite APPLES! I have made this a lot quicker and it just isn't as firm. But it definitely taste just as good! Enjoy!!


Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip


1 pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips


Cream all together and then add in the mini chocolate chips. I chill mine but, make sure to take it out a little ahead of your desired serving time. You don't want you crackers to break of in the dip!
Serve with graham cracker sticks or nilla wafers ( I prefer mini wafers!)


Maybe try one of these for your Super Bowl get together? Or if you are watching by yourself, treat yourself!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!