Friday, February 24, 2012

More on Alexis



1. What's one thing you have that you should really throw away, but can't?


I have a pair of shoes which I love, they don't look to old, but if I take my foot out of them they smell old. But I love them and they go with a lot outfits and I don't want to throw them away.


2. What was the last movie you saw? 

Hmm.. I believe it was Warrior. Which is an awesome movie and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I do however watch a lot of TV online. Currently lovin' Parenthood, Up All Night, The Firm, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, SMASH, and Teen Mom. Yes, lol, I keep busy. 

3. What's your favorite drink? 

Fountain pop is my weakness. I alternate between Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Alcoholic beverage. I'm not a huge fan, but I like an occasional beer, or my mothers sangria she makes. 

4. If you could invite any 5 people, living or dead, to a dinner party, who would invite?


This is a toughy. Christian Bale because he is my all time Hollywood crush. My two sisters because they always make a boring party a riot. Marilyn Monroe, well because that would be interesting... and Chef Morimoto because heck we will need somebody to cook!

5. Describe yourself in 7 words or less.

Mommy, Motivated, Strong, Funny

6. What is your favorite piece of clothing and why? 

My gray cardigan because it goes with anything and everything and it was $4. 

7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you but you WISH more people COULD know? 


I love to cook and bake (and I am pretty good if I say so myself).


8. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Holy moly, I have a ton. I had a very fun childhood. I would have to say I love telling stories of me and my sibs playing outside. We played a ton outside and had wild imaginations. We played Pocahantas...of course Mal had to be John Smith, I had to be Nakoma, and Jamie got to be Pocahontas. But that's okay she made the fool out of herself sitting alone talking to the pine tree pretending it was Grandmother Willow. We also had horse races on our bikes, feeding them grass and pine needle concoctions after, frog hunting in the woods (we thought we could bring them to the house, breed them, and sell them), Cowboys and Indians (for Owen's sake), Dinosaurs when it was snowy (yes Mallorie would sit on an egg in her dinosaur nest), Maple syrup stands instead of your typical lemonade stand, and of course restaurant which would entitle us sneaking (or sending the person who we thought would get in trouble the lease) to the outside water faucet or dad's sink for water for the mud pies but it seemed mom had the ears of a deer and every time would yell "I HEAR YOU!"


9. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? 

When I am going to sleep too cold, but any other time I'd rather be too hot. 

10. What are you wearing as you type this? 

Sweats and a T.

11. What's one thing you want to do before you die?


Plan a road trip around the restaurants that make it on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives on the Food Network. Go on it and eat delicious food everyday. 


12. How would you describe you parenting style?

I would consider my style as a whole lot of love and pretty chill. I don't like to freak out about a lot of stuff and just go with the flow. Every mom is different with what works for them and this works for me. I love to love on my Ruthie girl but I think it is really important for her to be able to play by herself and have a sense of independence. She does great with this and I enjoy watching her chase her shadow and talk to herself in the window. It may be evil but I love when she cries when I leave for work and smiles and crawls to me when I come home (that may be the best feeling in the world). 


13. What kind of parent do you strive to be?


I want to be able to be a parent that can help Ruthie in any situation she gets into. Life always throws us curve balls and I have been so lucky to have parents that are there and supportive no matter what. I want Ruthie to be able to be to feel like she can come to me and trust that I will be there for help and support for her whenever she needs it


I also want to be a parent that encourages Ruthie to do whatever she wants/enjoys. I don't want to be the parent that forces her to play sports or any other activity. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to. I don't want to force her to be what I couldn't be or was in high school, but hey if she is a good singer or actress I wouldn't mind ;). 






14. What's one thing you never said you would do, that you now do?


I have no idea.... asks my sisters I am sure they'll tell you something. 

15. What is one thing you do differently than your parents?


Umm, I work and will work full time someday (not that I want to).  My mom has never worked and has always been a stay at home mom and wife. Although I want to be that someday its just not in the cards right now. J's in the same boat and sometimes I think it hard for our mom to get our struggles with having to work (Sorry mom, but its true!) 

16. Best piece of advice you have ever been given?

Not to quit school. When I got pregnant with Ruth I was tempted and almost put school on hold and   went to work full time. However someone told me I would regret it and it would be harder to finish school later when Ruthie was bigger, so don't quit,  just finish. So I took that advice and doubled up on classes and will now be done with school a semester early. It is/will be the best feeling of accomplishment to finish school and be done with it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!