Friday, April 27, 2012

Never Fail Ribs

Ribs are hard to cook and I have never been able to master them until now. My prior attempts always ended up dry or tough as leather. BUT I have a found a way to do them that is SUPER easy, SUPER delicious. I guarantee you cannot mess them up, so feel at ease to splurge on a rack of ribs sometime!


Easy Barbecued Ribs
Adapted from Mmm.. is for Mommy

1.5 tbsp sweet paprika (3tbsp) (Edited Feb '12 to say I've also used mild smoked paprika with fantastic results)
1 tbsp light brown sugar, lightly packed (2 tbsp)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp)
S&P to taste (about 1 tsp each is what I used)
2 lbs pork (baby) back ribs (6 lbs) - leave the membrane on the ribs to help hold them together
1 cup barbecue sauce (3 cups) (I like Sweet Baby Rays Sweet & Spicy)
Vegetable oil spray.  

In a small bowl, mix together paprika, brown sugar, cayenne and S&P.  Rub this mixture all over both sides of your ribs well.  Arrange ribs in the slow cooker by standing them up against the wall of the stoneware pot, thicker side down and meaty side against the pot.  Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low (I did 7 hours and they were perfect).  

Such an easy supper just throw them in in the morning and you don't have to worry about them all day! I just cooked these for Mamma, Pappa Bear, and Owen sunday and made some baked potato wedges and cole slaw to go with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!