Monday, October 22, 2012

Down With the Sickness


I have to shower to be productive, therefore today I have not been productive. I have not showered because I DON'T HAVE A WORKING SHOWER!!! Ahhh! It has only been out a couple days but still. I like to take showers, not short showers, like LONG, QUIET showers. We are remodeling our bathroom that had an old leaky tub. 

I am going to add in the fact that I wanted our bathrooms remodeled before we moved in and obvi that didn't get done. So we they are doing it now. 

Anyway, this means I have to decide on what colors I want to put in the bathroom upstairs. I have an idea of what I want, but not quite sure. BUT, this means the organizing that I just did, now means nothing. BLAHH!! We have been talking about doing it for awhile and then all of the sudden Jess took me to pick out a shower/tub and we are off. I was not ready for this but we are in knees deep anyway. 

On a different note we have had 3 of us get the flu bug. So last week pretty much sucked. Now that I have had it, I can rest easy a little bit. I seriously woke up Tuesday thru Friday wondering when I was going to get sick. Last Monday I started cleaning up puke around 3 am from Jo, then of course Rae woke up at 4 am. Because 2 is always better than 1, right? NOT!! Needless to say I chased Rae around with a bucket until 3 pm that day. Toddlers + Puke= NO fun. Then of course Rae woke up again on Wednesday puking again. Wish you were a Schrock don't you? So Gat and Jess are the only two left. Say a quick prayer for a healthy house please. . . Thanks!

I thought I would share a recipe with you that I made the other day. Jess' dad and grandpa were working on the bathroom so I made soup. 

I tend to change recipe's here or there and take shortcuts. So I am giving you my version.

Chicken Noodle Soup from Betty Crocker Country Favorites

2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
1 cup onion chopped

It calls for 2 Tbl green onion instead of the onion but I didn't have any. It also calls for 1/2 cup sliced carrot which I didn't have either. 

Put all of above ingredients in 3 quart sauce pan and cook until tender. 

Add in rest of these ingredients:

2 cups cubed chicken
4 ounces egg noodles (I bought frozen)
1 teaspoon dried parsley (1 Tablespoon fresh)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
3 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth. 

Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I served with french bread:)

I used boullian cubes to make my broth. My package of egg noodles said to cook for 20 minutes so I cooked my a little longer. And because of the massive amount of noodles and chicken I had I added more broth.

This didn't take long at all. I have made my own egg noodles before but, I got mine on sale this week plus had a coupon, bonus! Let me know if you try it and what you serve with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!