Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lessons in Vacuuming

The other day as I was vacuuming the cracker crumbs off my living room floor, I started thinking about how even learned to vacuum. Kind of strange. I mean, how often do you think of when you learned to complete a particular household chore?

You know who I remember teaching me? One would assume that it was our mom, but it was actually our dad. I distinctly remember him showing me how to go in the same direction and to use lines the vacuum left on the green carpet in our living room as a guide. He probably doesn't remember it all. Our dad has always had a thing for making sure the house is spotless whenever he was left in charge for a weekend. I'm sure my lesson came on one of those weekends, because those are the only time I can remember him doing housework.

Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, just as my mom was, I can better appreciate how nice it must have been for my mom to come home to a clean house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!