Thursday, January 24, 2013

This Week for $50

It works best for my schedule to go grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday. So a week refers to Wednesday to Wednesday or Thursday to Thursday. 

This week for $50...

Things you can't really in the picture: a 2nd container of strawberries and a ring of smoked sausage
Quick Facts:
  • $72.54 worth of groceries for $54.31
  • $18.23 total in savings (including sales and mperks)
  • $6.60 extra in the budget from bottle slips (this is not reflected in my total savings)
  • $2.29 under budget for the week 

My Must Haves: 
  • dish soap 
  • dishwasher detergent
  • hair dye
  • flour
  • milk
  • coffee filters
  • coffee

Meal Ideas for This Week:
These meals use a combination of groceries from this week and items I have on hand

  • Chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs
  • Cheddar Wurst with homemade fries
  • Pizza Calzones and fruit salad
  • Chicken pot pie
  • Penne and smoked sausage casserole 

I also bought diapers and wipes today. Meijer is having Baby Week, and I was able to restock my diaper supply, and stock pile wipes. I bought a 136 count box of Pampers Cruisers and a 504 count box of wipes for a $1 less than the diapers would normally cost!
(Pampers Cruisers at $34.99 + Pampers Wipes at $10.99) - ($10 off instantly for spending $40+ in Pampers products + $1 off Pampers Diaper coupon + $1 off Pampers wipes coupon) = $33.98
This doesn't come out of our grocery budget. I don't have to buy diapers every month, because I stock up when I find a super good deal at Meijer or Target. Months that I know I'm going to have to get diapers, I usually budget around $40 under Stella.

-----

I'm thinking of doing a post like this each week. Is that something some of you would be interested in reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!