Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ask, Seek, Knock

Bible Verse (2/24) 

Memorizing my first verse went a lot easier than I thought it would. Here we are at verse 2 or 24.


Scripture: "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:8

Observation: Jesus wants us to ask for whatever we think we need. We might not get it, but if we seek him and let the Holy Spirit direct us, his will be revealed to us.

Application: In my prayers, I tend to do a lot of thanking (which is awesome), but I'm very vague when it comes to asking. I say a lot of "whatever your will is..." that way I'm not let down, if I don't get what I want. I should have the confidence and faith that I can ask for something directly.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, give me the faith to ask, seek and knock, so that doors that I may not even know of will be opened in my life. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie- I love this post ( and series). How are you selecting verses? I'm inspired to do the same.... I've wanted to make a little book to carry around with scripture and personal notes, and the SOAP technique will be great. I personally love this verse, but like you tend to pray more vague. I finally while fasting (and seeking God) became brave enough to pray specifically for a miraculous recovery for Elsie's leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying this series! The first verse, I just sort of stumbled upon one day, because I started reading at the wrong spot during my quiet time. And this verse, I read as part of a Bible study while preparing for a woman's small group that I lead every other Saturday. I don't really have a rhyme or reason to how I pick them, just whatever really jumps out at me during my personal quiet time.

      He does miracles everyday, what an awesome God we serve. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!