Sunday, November 27, 2011

amazed.

I had to share the cuteness of my girlies and their weekend fun. I also forgot to tell you that JoJo and I went to see Gatlyn on Thanksgiving together. She put some Christmas window clings on his Isolate.



Now onto the little Cowboy that has my heart:)

I am sooooooo happy beyond anything you can imagine that I can say Gatlyn is doing GREAT! He is off the oscillator:) They decided this morning to just see if it would help. See, in my previous post I was saying that he was slowly going up on all his vent settings. Which was true but it wasn't helping with his CO2 settings. It is even weirder because on Sat. night I was asking the nurse if they would ever just try him on the other ventilator to see if it would help. And she didn't really know but it was highly unlikely. Then when I called this morning they were like he had a vent change. . . he is off the oscillator. I was like, WHAT? AWESOME! I was so stoked. I couldn't stop smiling:) 

So, all day today I was just cleaning away and doing laundry trying to make time fly so I could go see him. So we went tonight and OMG, it was the best feeling. I walked in after Jess and he goes, "Do you hear that?" I was like, "What?" and he goes, "exactly."
(The oscillator is really loud and it vibrates Gat Man too:()

He had 4 visitors tonight and was awake for like 45 minutes too!
I got a couple of cute pics of the little fella too!
Uncle Casey and Aunt Carrie


Lazy boy, that thing is there for him to push on and feel womb like. He decided it would serve better as a foot rest.

It is a really hard feeling to explain having Gatlyn in the NICU. But, I honestly feel so much joy with each little improvement he makes. My big sis gave me an article she found, about being a NICU mom. And when she sent it to me I was 20 weeks pregnant with my water broke at home on bed rest. I was just hoping to make it to 23 weeks. At that time I couldn't even think about Gat being here. I didn't want anybody to buy anything for a baby boy. And saying this now is so weird. I just didn't feel like I was going to be fortunate enough to have him here with us. Now, we have our baby boy and I can relate to that article. In which any mom of a healthy full term baby doesn't think about the first breath being a big deal (I was there with my girls, I didn't once think are they living?). And for a premie the first breath can be such a big deal. I cannot wait to be able to go and hold my baby when I want to have him in my arms. Seeing him awake tonight was bittersweet. He could hear our voices and knows my touch. I want him to know my arms and I how I can do the crazy mom bounce when he is upset. I want to do that for him. So for now, I will hold that pacifier in his mouth and rub his head until he is ready and able to be in my arms. I am so thankful that it was/is God's will for Gatlyn to be with us and get strong. This boy is changing me in more ways than one. And it is definitely all for the better. 

We sang an awesome some by Kutless in church today called Amazed. I am amazed at who He is. It is unexplainable how he can keep me together through everything and Gatlyn of course. He is amazing.

Romans 12:12
"Let your hope make you glad.
Be patient in time of trouble
& never stop praying."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!