Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter 2013


Growing up, I always really liked getting new Easter dresses. Even if our mom always made us wear matching outfits. Last year Love Bean wore a dress that her Grammy Krenz got her. This year I took the bean shopping and she got to pick out her own dress. And by that mean I held up two that I liked and she pointed to one.

Hubs and I decided to approach her Easter basket goodies the same way we approach most things, by setting a budget.  We decided on $40, which kind of sounds like a lot, but it adds up quick. We had talked about a few different things to include, but all that went out the window when I was in Target. I found a Minnie Mouse beach towel, and knew the bean would love it! She's really into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now. So I went with a little bit of a beach/outdoor fun theme for her basket. And of course some chocolate for good measure. We spent Easter attending church and then heading to Hillsdale to spend time with the Krenz family.



Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. Between the ham, deviled eggs, and gma b's potato salad and of course Jesus dying in the cross to save us from our sins and on top of that rising from the dead it's a pretty good day :) We alternate holidays and this year Ruth wasn't with us which resulted in me mourning over the adorable dresses. We still did eggs and her Easter basket tho! Her Easter basket (which was mine as a wee one) was filled with necessities and favs: New toothbrush and toothpaste, big girl underwear, flavored tootsie rolls, sidewalk chalk, and three shirts. I really don't know why it is but every time I see a shirt with a dog or cat on it I buy it for Roo. It's probably the running in place, smile from ear to ear, "OOOooo!!!!!" I get every time. But other then that the lover boy and I had a triathlon of Easters in which we consumed to much food. But that's okay,YOLO. ( that YOLO was 100% sarcastic btw)



Then there is the Schrock's:) I love Easter, but basically I love all Holidays. This year was an important year though. Now that Jo is 5 and really figuring things out it was more important than ever to make sure she knew why we have Easter. So I made that a real goal. We actually rarely talked about Easter Baskets. You should have seen her face the day before when she figured out he brought things. It was great. We also had an egg hunt at Nanner and Poppy's (our mom and dad) and the kids loved that. Us girls couldn't believe how long it took them to get the eggs picked up. There was definitely a lack of intensity on the kids part;)

I want to make sure she knows what is really going on. This year was the first year of that. We read the Easter story out of the bible. But more so talked about the important things. (Jesus died for OUR sins, Who is Jesus dad, the cross, how many days before he arose again , and of course that he loves us)

Easter baskets I went a little overboard, but, lets be real. I was gonna buy that stuff anyway, so why not shove it in the basket:) My ladies received the same things with different patterns; umbrellas, raincoats, sunglasses, sperry's (shoes) and an egg of M&Ms. Gat got a puzzle, book, and a back of big rubbery cars.

Hope you all had a great Easter and remember all that was sacrificed for us<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!