Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mama's Cookin: Family Pleasing Chicken


Chicken is not well liked by many men that I know. Especially boneless skinless chicken breast. Jess doesn't even really like the boneless skinless thighs. One day I bought chicken legs, I really don't know why I just did, cheaper I think. Anyway they were a hit. Jess liked them. PPHEWW! Maybe he can do chicken. So I bought bone in chicken thighs.

Then I stumbled upon this recipe for Man Pleasing Chicken. Of course, I didn't have half the ingredients. So I substituted and made this recipe.
Family Pleasing Chicken
1/2 cup of Yellow Mustard
1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Diluted White Vinegar

Mix it all up. 

Put 4-6 chicken thighs in a baking dish, grease really well. Salt and pepper the thighs. Then pour the mixture over the chicken. Turn the thighs to coat.

I cooked just as the recipe says in the link. At 450 degrees for 40 minutes. A few times I took the pan out and basted the chicken throughout the 40 minutes. 

This was a hit for everyone, well besides Gat. They even liked the sauce! I told them it was Poppy's syrup with some mustard and Jo didn't even scrap it off. It's pretty tough to get something we will all sit down and eat, I was beyond excited!

Let us know if you make it and how you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!