Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Day in the Life of Jamie

I wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy...just kidding I feel nothing like him.

5:45 AM: I wake up to Tim's alarm going off. Neither of us gets out of bed.
6:00 AM: Tim's second alarm goes off and he gets up.
6:30 AM: Tim comes back up stairs to get dressed and to wake me up
6:40 AM: We're both downstairs, I pack his lunch and we chat a little bit while he finishes getting ready
6:50 AM: He's out the door and headed into work. I pour myself a cup of coffee and if I'm lucky I have about a half hour to an hour to myself. I enjoy the silence, read my Bible and spend some time in prayer
7:30 AM: Stella is usually awake by now. She's an early riser, but likes to just chill in the morning. I usually put in a movie or turn on cartoons. She's content watching TV and check Facebook, Twitter, and my email
8:00 AM: Ellie arrives. Her and Stella both head straight for the table to eat breakfast. I empty the dishwasher while they eat
8:30 AM: Breakfast is over and the girls race off to the living room to play while I clean up.
9:00 AM: If it's warm and sunny, we sometimes get around and go to the park to play all morning. Otherwise we read lots of books, they play or watch Mickey Mouse
10:00 AM: It's time for their morning snack, just something small, otherwise neither of them will eat a very good lunch. And then lots more playing, reading and making messes. Thankfully they play well together, so while they play I usually do some laundry, and catch up on blogging and freelance stuff.
11:30 AM: I start preparing lunch. When it's ready I call them to the table, and I clean up while they eat
12:00 PM: Lunch is usually done and cleaned up. We all three clean up the morning toy mess. And then it's nap time for the girls.
12:15 PM – 2:15 PM: While they nap I typically shower and get dressed (yes I have been in my PJ's up to this point), eat my lunch, watch the latest episodes of my favorite TV shows, work on blog and freelance stuff, or I nap too
2:15 PM: Ellie wakes up from her nap, and she chills on the couch content watching cartoons or playing by herself until Stella gets up. I keep working on the computer, unless she wants to read.
3:15 PM: Stella is usually up by now. I bring her downstairs, Ellie is always super excited that's Stella is finally up. It's afternoon snack time, so the girls climb up to the table while I get their snacks ready.
3:30 PM – 5:15 PM: Snack time is over. If it's nice we usually get head outside to play. Once in awhile we'll sit and color or paint, but most of the time they just play on their own or we read books....we read a lot of books. I usually give them another snack in this time frame too. Otherwise it's way too long before they eat dinner
5:15 PM: The three of us clean up the mess from the afternoon
6:00 PM: Ellie leaves for the day and I start dinner. Sometimes I'll start it before she leaves if it's something that will take awhile, or if I'm really hungry and don't want to wait for Tim to get home
7:00 PM: Tim gets home from work and we eat dinner. After dinner Tim and Stella play while I clean up and load the dishwasher and start it.
8:00 PM: We're all on the couch watching TV, Tim plays games on his phone
8:30 PM: One of us takes Stella up to bed, usually Tim.
10:00 PM: If we haven't already fallen asleep on the couch, Tim and I head up to bed

This is my usual Monday/Tuesday/Friday, because I babysit those days. As you can tell, my day is a lot less hectic and not as entertaining as Mallorie's. I like to stick to a routine on the days I'm home. I get more accomplished and I find my house stays cleaner, which I like.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!