Monday, May 13, 2013

One Thing

Before we had kids there were things we said we would never do or say once we were moms. But of course, we were naive. Please tell us we're not alone here?!

Jamie: The one thing I never thought I would do as a mom, but do ALL OF THE TIME, is let Love Bean run around with a dirty face. I would see kids with food, or dried snot on their noses and think. "really, how hard is it to just quickly wipe that up?" But, you know what, sometimes food on the face is the least of your worries. Especially when your kid is as messy of an eater as Love Bean. By the time I'm done cleaning up the mess on the table and floor, she's long gone, playing with her babies. Fortunately, for the most part, I manage to keep it clean while we're in public. But if you showed up at my house unannounced at 3pm, chances are her lunch is still all over her face.

Mallorie: I always said I would never say, "Because I am the MOM!". But folks, I do it. Almost daily. Sometimes the questions get a little daunting during the day. Plus I do not like when my five year old says why can you do that but I can't. Well, simple answer I am the mom and when you are older you can do that. Sometimes I dumb it down even more and just say "Because!". I know I cannot be alone in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!