Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Good Reads

We love to read and want to share some of recent good read with you!
 

I just got done reading book one of the Hunger Game Series. It was such a quick and capturing read. I read it in 2 days pretty much. I couldn't put it down. So right now I am recommending this book to people to read. I love to read though, I am one of those people that get lost in the book. Sometimes I catch myself getting caught up in the drama of the book. I pick sides, root for, smile and get mad for the my favorite characters. We go to the library weekly and I love it. Our little library is small but you can put things on hold from other library and get them transferred. It is great. The girls also attend story hour on Thursdays. They have a lot of fun doing that. They don't get into the story as much as they do the dancing and craft. It is a great outlet to get some of their energy out. We also utilize the movie rack as well! Back to the books. . . another couple of great reads are Rescue by Anita Shreve and Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. All of these books were ones I had a hard time putting down. If you have any great titles you think a lady would like, pass them my way please! 

I actually just finished the whole Hunger Game Series at the beginning of January. So, I can confirm what Mallorie said, it's a quick read that you won't want to put down.



Is within the last year recent? I hope so, because I want to recommend, Little Bee written by Chris Cleave. This book is fantastic! While reading it I laughed, I cried, and I wanted to keep reading. The plot took a couple twists and got me thinking. I really liked the way the booked ended. Usually, I'm left wanting more or I'm disappointed at the end of a book. But not when finishing Little Bee, although I was sad the story had came to an end, I felt closure. 

Also, if you like educational books and/or mythology, you might enjoy the book I'm currently reading, Don't Know Much About Mythology written by Kenneth Davis (he actually has a whole series of "don't know much about" books). It's really interesting, but definitely nothing like a non-fiction novel. I've been intrigued by mythology since college, when I studied Art History, and my trip to Greece and Italy peaked my interest even more. I've really enjoyed reading this book on my commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!