Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Woman's Must Haves

There are some things every woman should have in her closet. What's great about the staples we picked out is that you can find cute options at every price point! We're all pretty frugal when it comes to buying ourselves clothes. One of our favorite places to shop is Target. 
all items from Target.com

I say every woman should have a cardigan or two ... or three ;) Color is your preference but I highly suggest a gray one, but confession I have like 5 different colors! Cardigans can be dressy or casual. They are the perfect addition to a dressy top or a plain t. They are my go to clothing item when I don
t know what to wear, just a grab a T and a cardigan. Also temp wise they are perfect. Great for when its chilly or when its that odd temp between hot cold, because you can always shed it easily. You can get em' pretty cheap to I got most of mine at either Walmart or Target. Cardigans are a must!

The must have for my closet is a great pair of jeans! I don't buy a lot of clothes for myself, but I have to have a good pair of jeans. I have never been stylish-I am the sister that text the other sister a pic of a shirt/outfit to see if it looks ok. Recently I have bought my favorite pair of jeans from Gap. I did pay more money for them but it was well worth it. At the time when I was looking for jeans you couldn't find a pair of jeans that didn't have holes/tears in them. Im not a high schooler anymore-no holes needed here! But then last week I was looking at Target and found a few pairs that didn't have holes. I found a pair that fit and snagged them for $30. Great buy with that Christmas gift card to Target (Thanks Ladean and Cathy
---Pictures went great today! Gatlyn was awake almost the whole time. He is doing good lately!---

I'm so indecisive that I couldn't pick just ONE must have! I had to with two. It's my opinion that every woman needs a pair of black knee high boots. They look great over skinny jeans, or with a dress.They're perfect for Fall, Winter and early Spring. If you live in the mid west like me, that's pretty much 9 months out of the year. Why black? Black goes with everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. I don't believe in this don't wear black with brown nonsense ;) Since I live in the city and walk a ton, I always buy flat boots, but go with whatever heel height you're comfortable with!

My second must have is a sun dress. If you don't get one that has a super summery pattern you can wear them all year round. In the Spring and Summer bare legged with sandals or ballet flats, and in the Winter add tights, a cardigan and boots (Alexis' must have!) and you're good to go.  

What about all of you? What do you think every woman should have in her close? We'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I have 6 cardigans & 2 short sleeve ones. Apparently I'm a clothes addict - but I do shop thrifty! I buy most of my clothes at Plato's closet; the most awesome second hand store ever. They're not very good at buying your clothes but I usually walk out of there with no less than 4 outfits for way under $100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to check out Plato's Closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallorie - so glad I finally took the time to "look you up"!! Thanks for sharing about your cowboy ... we still pray often for the kiddos in the NICU and specifically for Gat. You're doing GREAT - this is your journey and you need to deal the way that works for YOU and your family :) Looking forward to following his progress!
    Abby Lucas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, we love feedback!